The Basics Of Text Message Marketing
Text message marketing is a powerful way to reach out to your customers and brand your business. This method involves sending offers, special deals and updates directly to your customers' phones. First, they opt in to your list on your website or at your store. Then, you send them offers and special deals and your sales go up.
Why use text message marketing? Here are some of the perks:
- Unlike PC email marketing, your customers have their phones with them 24/7.
- Because your customers have signed up for this service, you already have a list of targeted buyers.
- Open rates are high. People are much more likely to open and read a text message than a usual email.
- You save advertising dollars because you don't have to go through the usual channels of radio, TV and print.
- Text message marketing services monitor activity such as how many recipients open messages or how many opt out to let you know what's working and what's not.
- Text messages are much more personal than emails or letters. They give your marketing a human touch.
How To Do Text Message MarketingYour successful text message marketing campaign starts with getting a 'short code.' This is a quick series of numbers or letters that your customers call with their cell phones. You can put your short code on your promotion materials, products, advertisements, website, and receipts. When someone calls the short code, they're placed on your list and you can start marketing to them.
Use your list to send out special offers, exclusive list-only discounts, news, upcoming events, new products, and anything else you want them to know about. If a customer no longer wants to receive messages, they can easily unsubscribe. However, if you keep them happy with deals and products they want, they'll stay.
Tips On Running Your CampaignSay It Quickly. You've only got 160 characters in which to deliver your message and call to action. This presents a major challenge even to people who are old pros at direct marketing. You have to trim it down to just the essentials but still get the message across.
Know The Laws. People don't like getting bugged on their phones. As a result, many countries are passing laws about how you do text message marketing. Make sure you know what these are or you may be fined for spamming.
Find A Good Short Code. Choose a short code that's easy for your customers to remember. They'll have to enter it into their phone. If possible, make it a keyword about your company. Most short codes are five digits. Play around with different options and ask your service provider for suggestions.
Text message marketing is a great way to stay in touch with your customers by emailing them directly on their phones. If used effectively, your messages will boost your sales and bring you new customers.